Two Ways Cooler Weather Can Affect Your Door’s Performance
Even though Arizona has mild day-time temperatures, you still need to be mindful of cooler evening weather and the affect it can have on your garage door.
Here are two unsuspecting ways that the winter months can lead to a garage let-down:
- 1. The cooler weather is the worst time for your garage door to fail, but it also happens to be more likely to occur.
Why is that? When night-time temperatures drop to 35 degrees or below, the lubricating oil in the motor that lets your garage door pass through the track can thicken. When that happens, your door may not move up and down as smoothly.
- 2. Did You Know? As temperatures change, a garage door spring that is near the end of its life can fail anytime; even when it’s not in use.
If you have ever heard of someone’s garage door spring breaking in the middle of the night, this is likely what happened. Changes in temperature can make a worn spring vulnerable to break.
So how do you overcome these door performance issues? Schedule an annual tune up. It includes door adjustments for rigidly moving doors and it can give you a heads up about a worn spring. Plus, annual tune ups are just the trick for keeping your door in top shape if you are there seasonally.
Prevent Garage Door Breakdowns with a Winterization Tune-Up
Includes up to 3 garage doors and openers!
The Winterization Tune-Up includes the items listed below for up to three garage doors and opener systems in your home. Before the tune-up, our service technicians will discuss any noticeably visible repair/replacement issues with you.
- Review garage doors under a 14-point maintenance and safety inspection
- Tighten or replace defective bolts and nuts
- Lubricate rollers, pulleys and the whole drive mechanism on garage doors
- Check garage door opener systems under a 12-point maintenance and safety inspection
- Adjust electric door openers, tighten the chain and set limit switches
- Lubricate the whole drive mechanism on opener systems
- Inspect the keypad and transmitter batteries*
- PLUS inspect the weather stripping and garage door bottom seal
Prep for the cooler weather by having your door tuned by local experts! The Genuine. The Original. Overhead Door.®
* Up to two FREE replacement batteries are supplied on an as-needed basis
Call us today to schedule an appointment:
Ask About Our Financing Options
Do you already know you need a new garage door or new entry door? Our financing options make it easy to move ahead with a door improvement! 18 Months 0% Interest Financing with Approved Credit. Make an appointment for a free in-home estimate.